The purpose of the event is to raise awareness across the equestrian and veterinary community in Northern Ireland of the changing landscape surrounding equine welfare. Northern Ireland suffers with a lack of focus on the equine industry because of a lack of government policy, legislation or strategy. This event aims to help fill the gap by:
- bringing together key stakeholders including veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses, equestrian leaders, owners, trainers, coaches, DAERA, industry, and leading stakeholders to focus on the changing landscape that is equine welfare,
- promoting and showcasing the work of vets and our role in advocating and supporting high standards in equine welfare,
- highlighting the veterinary profession’s first responsibility to advocate for the best interests of equines and ensure as many as possible have a good life and a humane death, and
- bringing together key stakeholders with a view to building collaboration
- developing an outline consensus on key actions need in NI.
Full details can be found HERE.
To register, CLICK HERE.